I love green products. So when I was given the chance to review the Seventh Generation back to school pack I was thrilled.
I was sent 2 containers of cleaning wipes, all purpose cleaner, paper towels and tissues and they came in a little bag. I have to admit the tissues are a little rough but they do the job.
I have used the cleaning supplies non stop. I love them. They work so great. I don’t have to scrub to get off the gunk that my kids always leave in the sink or on the table.
Did you know that….
With nearly 22 million school days lost each year due to the common cold and flu (CDC) and as many as 2.7 million bacterial found per square inch on common school surfaces (NSF International), it’s no wonder that 82 percent of parents with kids in grades K-5 fret about the germs in their children’s classrooms (according to a survey conducted by Seventh Generation).
This school year, Seventh Generation is sharing tips from best-selling author and pediatrician, Dr. Alan Greene, to help parents protect their child’s health during back-to-school season. Dr. Greene suggests taking the following precautions:
Optimize the immune system
- Reap the benefits of probiotics like those found in yogurt. A recent study showed that children who received enough probiotics daily throughout the cold and flu season had a significant reduction in the number of illnesses they had and, when they did get sick, the symptoms were both milder and didn’t last as long.
- Be sure your child is getting plenty of vitamin D from the sun, from food, or from a supplement.
- Build a strong foundation. Good food, good sleep, and good physical activity all help the immune system to flourish.
Be wise about reducing unnecessary exposure to harmful germs
- Teach children the key times to clean their hands in the classroom. The most important times include after sneezing, coughing or using the restroom, upon leaving “high-risk” places (recess, naptime, play stations) and before meals or snacks.
- Sixty percent of teachers surveyed said that they request that parents donate disinfecting wipes to the classroom. Seventh Generation’s disinfecting wipes kill 99.99% of germs* naturally using the active ingredient thyme, a component of thyme oil which is derived from the herb thyme.
- Stress the importance of not touching their eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Demonstrate to your children how to cover their mouth and nose for every cough and sneeze. This simple maneuver has spectacular results in decreasing the spread of viruses and bacteria floating about the room, waiting to be inhaled.
It ends on Sunday Sept 26 at 10pm.
Here are the rules.
- Leave a comment on how you keep your kids healthy
- Leave a comment telling us the best way to keep little babies from getting sick.
- Follow us on twitter
- Like us on facebook
- Tweet: stay healthy with 7th generation and #mommyconfessionsblog. #giveaway http://bit.ly/clAQ4Z
- send your friends over
- subscribe to our blog.
As always please leave a comment for each of these that you complete.
***I was given these products as part of Seventh Generation product, gift pack, and additional gift pack to give away were all given to me from Seventh Generation through MyBlogSpark. ***